Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Kim Stafford

Thoughts and inspirations, inspired by Kim Stafford.   I took his English workshop and listened to a lecture for an hour and was reminded to listen to my own soul's voice.  He recommends keeping a little journal of things seen and heard that fascinate you that can form a "mental savings account" for when you want to write.  I thought I'll try to write down three observations a day and share them with you all.  Working up to actually writing fiction for the first time since grade school.
1. Mary didn't choose to have an abortion...she said "Yes!" to God when confronted with a baby that was morally frowned upon by the community, unexpected, socially unwanted.  Almost more importantly...Joseph stayed around to listen to the angel and stayed to take care of his Son.


2. When listening to a lecture please, please, please don't talk over the speaker!  He or she might be trying to tell you something that is important for the next step in life.  Also don't text or play games in front of them.  (Rant over)


3. Rain is beautiful.

Source: flickr.com via A on Pinterest


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow that was strange. I just wrote an extremely long comment but after I clicked submit
my comment didn't appear. Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that over again.
Regardless, just wanted to say excellent blog!

my page Lean Muscle FOrmula Price