Saturday, January 27, 2007

No more being lazy!

Ok, so I've really let my blog slip on the priority list. My mom had two teeth pulled a couple of days ago(it's a long story but it wasn't her fault). So I get to play Mini Mom. :-) The dishwasher is humming and I have my second load in the washer. This morning I made Raisin Bars for my dad to take to small group tonight.

Raisin Bars

1/2 cup butter
1 cup raisins
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 cups flour
1 tsp. soda
1/2 tsp. salt
Icing:
1 1/3 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 tablespoons. butter
2 tablespoons milk

Heat the 1/2 cup butter, raisins and water to boiling; remove from heat. Combine the sugar, egg and cinnamon; add to raisin mixture. Add the flour, soda and salt, mixing well. Pour into a 9" x 13" pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 min.
Icing: Beat together the powdered sugar, vanilla, 2 tablespoons soft butter and mild until smooth. Spread on hot bars 10 minutes after removing from the oven.

Kline (Miller), Elsa. Amish Home Cooking with Elsa. 5th. Sugarcreek, OH: Carlisle Printing, 2002.

~Amelia B.

No comments: