Monday, January 2, 2012

Fly Lady College Style- Day 1

*If you don't know what Fly Lady is you can read about it here.*

Today is day one.  One of Fly Lady's biggest things is "shining your sink" every day, but there is one small problem for college students--we don't have a sink.  So I'm changing this to "make your bed."  This fits with Fly Lady's goal of shining the sink.  She says:

This is your first household chore. Many of you can’t understand why I want you to empty your sink of your dirty dishes and clean and shine it when there is so much more to do. It is so simple; I want you to have a sense of accomplishment! You have struggled for years with a cluttered home and you are so beaten down. I just want to put a smile on your face. When you get up the next morning, your sink will greet you, and a smile will come across your lovely face. I can’t be there to give you a big hug, but I know how good it feels to see yourself in your kitchen sink. So each morning, this is my gift to you. Even though I can’t be there to pat you on the back, I want you to know that I am very proud of you.  ~Fly Lady~ Read More Here
For students we see our beds everyday, and they often don't get made.  So let's go make our beds.  :)  Don't forget to check off one day on the Daily Feats challenge.  *To Learn About Daily Feats Click Here* Click HERE to go to my special custom Fly Lady College Challenge.

To Do Today:
-Read the "Getting Started" page on Fly Lady.  Click HERE.
-Subscribe to Fly Lady's emails (optional).
-Register at Daily Feats.  Click HERE.
-Complete profile on Daily Feats.
-Register for the Fly Lady College Challenge on Daily Feats. Click HERE.
-Make Your Bed


No comments: