Friday, March 23, 2007

My First Sweater

I am making a sweater from this pattern:

link

I'm only a short way into it. Don't you just love my great-grandma's hankie? (click on the photo to see it bigger :-) ) It is my all time favorite with the pink, yellow, and green. The pink yarn is very close in color. I bought the yarn at our local quaint quilting/yarn shop. In the back room an older lady sits in a worn armchair and knits. She is surrounded by yarn and knitting books. It was such a lovely time buying the yarn and talking about the pattern.



~Amelia

4 comments:

G.L.H. said...

I love your Grandma's hankie! (I love hankies altogether...)

You have a great beginning to your sweater. Knitting is so relaxing and satisfying,isn't it?

AmeliaB said...

Knitting is great. I have about 10-15 vintage hankies. With about as many pairs of vintage gloves. I started collecting when I was about 12 and I went to a costume party. I went as Audrey Hepburn and *needed* pink gloves. After searching high and low we found some at an antique store along with a pair of kid gloves and a vintage glove keeper. I was hooked from then on. :-)

Jenny said...

I checked out the link for the sweater and it is beautiful. It will look perfect on a young woman especially in the colours you have chosen.

AmeliaB said...

Thanks for your comment Jenny. I love your blog.:-)