Saturday, March 3, 2007

Monday (I mean Saturday) Dinner

Once a week I cook dinner for my family. Usually on Mondays. Though that didn't work out this week. I made this:

One-Pan Chicken
Recipe courtesy Nigella Lawson
Show: Nigella Bites
Episode: Home Alone
Prep:15min
Time: 45min (inactive)
Total: 1 hr


Olive oil
1 (3 1/2 pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
2 1/4 pounds new potatoes cut into 1/2-inch dice
3 medium red onions, cut into segments
16 garlic cloves, unpeeled
3 red peppers, seeded and quartered
Coarse sea salt
1/2 cup chopped parsley leaves

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Get 2 baking dishes and pour in some olive oil to coat. Arrange the pieces of chicken, the potatoes, onions, garlic cloves, and peppers on them. (If you want to use 3 dishes and have got the room, do; the less packed everything is, the crispier the potatoes will be.) Then drizzle some more oil over, making sure every thing's glossy and well slicked (but not dripping), sprinkle with the salt, and bake for about 45 minutes.

When done (and test all the component parts), strew over the parsley and - I always do this - serve straight from the baking dishes.

It was so easy to make and it tasted absolutely wonderful. I will definitely make this again. Though I used boneless chicken breasts, regular onions, and veggie oil since that's what we had in the house(and who WANTS to touch chicken bones and blood and guts anyway?).

~Amelia

2 comments:

--erica said...

This looks so yummy!

Kristy said...

This looks really good! I think I may have to try it...